Cameralyze: How it works? [Technical]
By connecting to your existing survilience cameras, Cameralyze provides real-time processing of the video stream with artificial intelligence and using this data, you can receive real-time alarms, reports, notifications and forecasts.
There are two technical options to start using Cameralyze;
- Cloud-based usage,
- On-prem usage. (Only for Enterprise subscription.)
Before deep-diving to technical options, you need to be sure your surveillance cameras are accesable from the internet (for cloud-based usage). If you want to learn how can you do it, please click here!
How does Cameralyze work?
Cameralyze is an AI platform capable of connecting existing cameras in physical locations are using for security to a smart AI system that can generate real-time alerts, notifications, reports, and more importantly predictions. Our deep learning-powered AI models can predict and analyze your video feeds in real-time.
What is the state of privacy with Cameralyze?
Camera feed is processed and deleted on the fly and never stored. Our system never identifies people, nor stores identities. All the output is anonymized and aggregated and reported by our dashboard and API as visual or tabular data. We don’t rely on facial recognition, instead taking in visual cues from all features across the body. Cameralyze is fully compliant with GDPR and US State laws.
How secure is Cameralyze?
Security is always our top priority. We manage our security in multiple ways.
- Camera stream security: The data fed into Cameralyze from cameras are secured by TLS protocol between client and server. The frames from cameras are never physically stored on hardware. They are stored in memory which is closed to outside access and they are deleted shortly after sending it. (Happens every in 0.1 – 0.2 ms ).
- Encryption: To encrypt the communication internally and externally, we use the most secure encryption algorithms. Each service has it’s own identity and it’s own access rights. A service can whitelist the services which can connect to itself and validate using the central authentication mechanism.
- Server side security: Cameralyze servers use hash based algorithm to determine if the correct version of the operating system and images are used inside the machine.
- Cloud Infrastructure Security: Services inside Cameralyze infrastructure uses HTTP or RPC protocols to communicate with each other. Since the internal connection is encrypted, if someone is able to get inside the network, they will not be able to decode the message.
How can I integrate our software into Cameralyze?
We have various endpoints for you to integrate your software or hardware into our real-time notification system.
How do I find my IP camera’s or NVR’s RTSP stream URL?
When the telnet response indicates that the RTSP port of the camera is accessible next step is building the RTSP URL for the system we will stream to. Since Finding RTSP URL structure is the most challenging part because it is different for each brand and model.
But don’t worry, you can find it in less than 10 minutes with a Google search. Could not find it? You can raise a support ticket to your camera provider or write to us. We’re here to help 🙂
Here are some examples:
- HikVision: rtsp://admin:firstname.lastname@example.org:5001/Streaming/Channels/101/
- Bosch: rtsp://1.222.333.44:5002/rtsp_tunnel
Once the RTSP URL is generated it can be tested with software like on VLC.
How do I test my RTSP URL?
- Download VLC media player
- Open VLC
- Click on the File menu
- Select Open Network
- Paste the generated RTSP URL to the URL textbox
- Click Open
The video stream will start in less than 10 seconds.